Gun Supplier To Food Truck 'Hot Lunch' Drug Ring In Orange County Learns Fate, DA Says
A Dutchess County man who supplied firearms to a major Orange County gun and drug trafficking ring will spend over a decade in state prison, prosecutors announced.
Poughkeepsie man Andre Smith, 39, was sentenced Tuesday, Jan. 6, in Orange County Court after pleading guilty to first-degree criminal sale of a firearm, Orange County District Attorney David M. Hoovler announced on Wednesday, Jan. 7.
Smith’s conviction stems from Operation "Hot Lunch," a months-long, multi-agency investigation that dismantled an extensive firearms and narcotics trafficking network operating throughout Oran…
Loaded Ghost Gun Seized From Pair Following Mercedes-Benz Burglary In North Arlington: Cops
A ghost gun equipped with a high-capacity 30-round magazine was seized from two 18-year-olds in North Arlington following the burglary of a Mercedes-Benz last week, police said.
North Arlington police responded to reports of a motor vehicle burglary around 1:55 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 27, in the River Road area of the borough, according to authorities.
Two men later identified as Simon Torres, of Elizabeth, and Juan Florez, of Linden, illegally entered a parked Mercedes-Benz, removed several items, and fled the area on foot, North Arlington Police Lt. David Hudak said.
During…
$550K Fraud: Attorney, Two Others Arrested, Sparta Police Say
A 68-year-old Randolph attorneys and two New York residents were arrested and charged with stealing $550,000 from a person in Sparta, authorities announced Monday, Dec. 15.
In July, a person reported they had been the victim of fraud, Sparta police said.
An investigation determined the victim hired Gary Grant, who runs Grand Law Group/Grant Real Estate Equities to facilitate a real estate transaction, police said. During the course of the investigation, detectives determined that Grant, along with two additional accomplices, Sarabjeet Madhan and Bandana S. Madhan of Woodbury, New York,…
Duo Charged After Deadly Bordentown 7-Eleven Shooting Kills Two: Prosecutor
Two men have been charged with fatally shooting two people outside a 7-Eleven last month, authorities announced Thursday, Dec. 4.
Justford Doe, a 23-year-old Philadelphia resident, and Giovanni Varanese, a 21-year-old Cherry Hill resident are charged with murder in the first degree, robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery and multiple weapons offenses, Burlington County Prosecutor LaChia Bradshaw and Bordentown Township Police Department Officer-in-Charge Lt. Frank Nucera III said.
At 11:30 p.m., on Wednesday, Nov. 5., police responded to the 7-Eleven/Valero gas station on Route 130 and …
Gun Robbery On 38th Birthday Leads To Deadly Shooting; Two Philly Men Sentenced: Bucks DA
Two Philadelphia men have been sentenced for the 2016 shooting death of Herbert Lyals during a robbery in Bristol Township, prosecutors announced on Friday, Nov. 14.
George Javon Clark, 34, was sentenced to 20 to 40 years in state prison by Senior Judge Thomas C. Branca after being convicted in July of third-degree murder, robbery, attempted theft, criminal use of a communication facility, and conspiracy, according to the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office.
John Marquis Wilson, 45, pleaded guilty on Friday to third-degree murder, robbery, criminal use of a communication facility, and c…
Murder-For-Hire: Wife, Ex-GF, Gunman All Sentenced In Husband’s Whitehall Killing
All three defendants charged in a murder-for-hire plot that ended with a man gunned down in a Whitehall Township parking lot have now pleaded guilty and received state prison sentences, Lehigh County District Attorney Gavin P. Holihan announced Wednesday, Nov. 5.
Brenda Rodriguez Sentenced
Brenda Rodriguez, 52, of Palmerton, was sentenced to 2½ to 10 years in state prison for her role in the killing of her husband, Hector Garcia Gomez. She pleaded guilty in September to Conspiracy – Aggravated Assault, a felony of the first degree, and was sentenced by Judge Robert L. Steinberg.
Rodriguez…
Two Charged In Shooting That Killed Recent HS Grad At New Brunswick Park: Cops
Two people have been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old man in New Brunswick, authorities said Thursday, Oct. 16.
Jalen Terrell-Ingram, 20, and a 17-year-old boy from New Brunswick are both facing charges in the Wednesday, Oct. 8, killing of Fernando Buezo Diaz at the Pine Street Park, Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone and New Brunswick Police Chief Vincent Sabo said.
An investigation found that a fight broke out, and during the altercation, Buezo Diaz was shot, officials said.
Investigators later identified Terrell-Ingram as being in possession of a …
Gunpoint Kidnapping, Stolen Mercedes: 4 Norwalk Men Indicted In Terrifying Bridgeport Attack
Federal and local authorities say four Norwalk men face serious charges for a violent kidnapping and carjacking in Bridgeport.
Samuel Branch, 27, Giovanni Hudson, 34, Dontae Scullark, 22, and William Hinton, 22, are accused of conspiring to kidnap a victim and steal his Mercedes-Benz in August 2023, the US Attorney for Connecticut said.
According to the indictment, the group stalked the victim outside a restaurant on Boston Avenue in Norwalk. Hudson, holding “a handgun with an extended magazine,” slipped into the backseat of the car and waited. When the victim returned, Hudson “placed…